April 29, 2020
At Vistar Eye Center, it is our priority to care for our patients in the safest and most effective way possible. We have missed our patients over the past several weeks while we have responded to the COVID-19 pandemic. During that time, we have treated patients with urgent and emergent eye issues, which allowed us to further refine our processes to ensure the safest treatment possible.
Beginning May 1, 2020, we will begin seeing non-urgent patients. Rest assured we are taking strong precautions to ensure our patients’ safety and protection.
- We will screen everyone who enters the building.
- Patient screening will consist of asking a few questions and a quick temperature check at the front door.
- If the patient is running a fever or has been in contact with someone who was exposed to COVID-19, we will reschedule their appointment.
- All Vistar staff and doctors are required to wear masks at all times.
- We ask that patients please wear a face covering or mask to their appointment.
- We continue to follow the social distancing guidelines which means we may ask our patients to wait in their cars until the doctor is ready to see them.
- We will do our best to keep our patients’ wait times to a minimum.
- If anyone is coming with the patient to their appointment, we will ask them to wait in the car while the patient is being seen, unless there is a physical or mental disability that makes it necessary to accompany the patient into the office.
- We are following all CDC guidelines for disinfecting our offices and staff hygiene including:
- All rooms wiped down between patients
- All public areas disinfected hourly
- All employees wearing masks
- All employees required to wash hands regularly
We appreciate your patience as we adjust to new treatment protocols during this unparalleled time. We are grateful that we can continue helping our patients in the safest way possible.